It’s an (almost) undisputed fact that one of Clapper’s best features is Livestreams. Creators are able to chat directly with their followers and connect with them on a more personal level – and most personal of all is the Dual Live. But this feature can be a little hard to find – and hard to use for the first time! In this article, we’re breaking down Dual Live and walking you through how to use this underrated feature.
What is a Dual Live? 🎥🤔
A Dual Live is a version of our Livestream feature that allows you to bring a guest from your audience into your Livestream. The original host is in control of the whole Live, and all the coins and diamonds made during the Dual Live will be sent to them. There’s no time limit on a Dual Live: you can stay in a Dual Live as long as you and the other creator want! You can also bring up multiple individuals during a single Live. This means that if you go Live with one creator from 1:00pm – 1:30pm, you can bring up a new audience member right after.
If you’ve been on Clapper for a while, you’ll recognize Dual Lives from some of our own events! They’re the foundation of our Holiday Bazaar, where we go Live with Clapper Shop owners to highlight their products. @ClapperSounds uses the Dual Live feature for their Open Mic Night and Clapper Sounds Livestreams.
Hosting a Dual Live 👑🤳
Hosting a Dual Live is just like hosting a regular Livestream, with an extra step or two added in. If you got that process down in our Livestream 101 article then you’ll have no problem! But we’ll walk through the whole process again if you’re new here.
- Open Clapper. You should immediately be on your For You Page. At the bottom of the screen, there will be a plus sign icon.
- Click the plus sign. A menu will pop up with three buttons: one for Radio, one for Video, and on the right, one for Live. Select it.
- Once you select “Live”, you’ll be taken to another menu page. There are several settings you can adjust here, which we’ll get into in a minute. Once everything is to your liking and you’re ready to go, just hit “Start Live”.
- A final menu will come up, going over the basic community guidelines for Lives. You’ll be prompted to agree to three rules: you won’t be nude, you’re over 18 years old, and you’ve reviewed the community guidelines. Once you agree to all three, there’ll be a quick countdown, and boom, you’re live!
- On your Live, there will be settings along the bottom of the screen. The middle will be an illustration of two people: this is the Dual Live button.
- Once you click the Dual Live button, you’ll be taken to a “Go Live With” screen, where you can send a request for one of your viewers to go Live with you. You can invite any creator from your Live, but you may have a few “raise their hand”. You choose the creator you want to go Live with.
- They’ll be brought up, and that’s it! You’re in a Dual Live!
Requesting to Dual Live 📨📱
There are two ways to request to join a Live. Either one works, but the host may have a way they prefer…or you may have a way you prefer!
Raising Your Hand 🙋
Head into the Live you want to join. On the bottom of the screen, to the right of the Comment bar, there will be a hand emoji. Click this to raise your hand and send a request to join the Livestream. This will show up a notification directly on the creator’s Livestream, and they can either accept your request or ignore it for the time being.
Leave a Comment 💬
You can comment directly in the Livestream that you want to join them! Ask them if they want to go Dual Live, or if they ask if someone would like to come up say “yes!” Creators can select directly from the Livestream chat by clicking a viewer’s username. They’re shown a couple of options for how they want to interact with your account: they’ll click the “Go live with Username” and you’ll be in a Dual Live.
Live Settings 🧰🔐
Before you start your Dual Live, there are a couple of settings you can adjust. We won’t run through all of them again (you can find them in our Livestreams 101 article!) but we wanted to touch on them anyway.
When you first open the Live camera, you can select if you’ll use the front or back camera. You’ll also see the option to select (and adjust!) Beauty Filters, give your Radio a title, and make your Live a Shop Live. And, when you first go Live, you’ll be asked if you’d like to notify your followers. We recommend notifying your followers to make sure you get as many people in your life as possible!
Once the host and guest are in the Livestream together, they can choose to go DnD. This would lock the Livestream and keep new people from entering. Creators can monetize their Livestreams through Gifts and Wishlists. The original host of the Livestream will be the one that receives all of the diamonds and coins from the Livestream. The host and guest can choose if and how to split this up themselves.
For Our Visual Learners… 👀
@ClapperAcademy has created a fantastic tutorial for Dual Lives!
And that’s all it takes! Now you have everything to go Dual Live and start making new connections. If you haven’t already, take some time to read our tops for being a better Livestream Host, and check out our Livestream 101 article to get the basics down.