One of the most popular ways to grow your audience and monetize your content is by hosting Clapper Livestreams. You can connect directly with your audience, gift or accept gifts from viewers, and show a completely new side of yourself.
But every app is different, and figuring out how to go Live on each one can be frustrating. In this article, we’ll break down how to go Live on Clapper, the different settings for your Livestream, monetization, and much more!
What Are Livestreams?🤳🏼
Livestreams are a constant, live recording of a creator. Think of it like a live TV show or a one-sided FaceTime call! A creator sets up their camera, hits record, and hangs out with viewers for a while. As the creator is Live (or streaming) viewers can send in comments, questions, gifts, or even likes to interact. A lot of creators use Livestreams as catch-up times, where they work on something and chat with the audience.
Livestreams can take any format. Some creators get on Live and read as a way to encourage productivity in their audience; others have interviews or variety shows; more still clean or craft with the viewers to keep them company. The options are endless and can provide you with a little friendship during your day.
To Dual-live or to Solo Live: That is the question👀
You can either have solo livestreams, dual lives (where you bring another creator up with you to talk), or PK battles (where you have 5-minute rounds with two people, and the creator with the most gifts wins). Whether you are a lone wolf who loves being the host of your own talk show or you love bringing people up for cool conversations and challenges, there is an option for both preferences. If you are a social butterfly like us, here is how you bring people to your Livestream:
- For Dual Live: You will select the button with the outline of two people at the bottom of your menu. There, you can see your requests from people who want to go live with you and accept them. You can also select people’s usernames in the chat and invite them to go live. People can request to go live with the host by selecting the “✋🏼” hand button next to their comment box.
- For PK Battle: There is a PK button in your bottom menu. It will which of your friends are live. Select “Invite to PK” or accept their request when it pops on the screen. Both creators need to be live to engage on PK.
We’ll take you through the individual steps to go Live on Clapper. The process is straightforward, and you’ll have no problem with it after the first time!
- Open Clapper. You should immediately be on your For You Page. At the bottom of the screen, there will be a plus sign icon.
- Click the plus sign. A menu will pop up with three buttons: one for Radio, one for Video, and on the right, one for Live. Select it.
- Once you select “Live”, you’ll be taken to another menu page. There are several settings you can adjust here, which we’ll get into in a minute. Once everything is to your liking and you’re ready to go, just hit “Start Live”.
- A final menu will come up, going over the basic community guidelines for Lives. You’ll be prompted to agree to three rules: you won’t be nude, you’re over 18 years old, and you’ve reviewed the community guidelines. Once you agree to all three, there’ll be a quick countdown, and boom, you’re live!
There are several ways you can customize your Live. Let’s go from top to bottom and cover every choice you can make on your Live settings:
In the top right corner, you can select whether you’d like to use your front or back camera. Lives will automatically pull up the front camera, but you can use the back if you prefer. You’ll be able to switch during the Live if you need, too!
Not that you need it – Let’s be honest, you’re perfect the way you are -, but selecting the Beauty option will allow you to put a few filters on your Live.
- Under Enhance, you can adjust how smooth and clear your face looks, how large your eyes appear, or how narrow your jaw is.
- Under Filters, you can select a filter to add to your Live. This will change the color and shade of everything around you, and you can adjust how strong the filter is, too.
These features are optional: feel free to skip them if you’d like! Once you’ve adjusted and explored, click anywhere on the screen and you’ll be taken back to the Live menu screen.
Your Live’s Name👩🏻💻
Your Live will automatically be titled with your username and “Live”, as you can see in the screenshot attached. You can update this to whatever you’d like. We suggest adding a title that tells us what you’ll be doing, like “Paint with Me” or “Come Chat!”
If you have a Clapper Shop set up, you can select to go into Shop Live mode. This allows you to promote items from your Shop directly in the Live, and displays your Live in a second area of the explore page. To learn more about the Clapper Shop, check out this article from our blog!
Once you’ve made all the necessary adjustments click the “Start Live” button, agree to our community guidelines, and you’ll be live!
One of the best things about Clapper Livestreams is the ability to easily monetize them! We’ll cover gifts and the benefits for both the host and the gift giver.
We mentioned earlier that viewers can like a Livestream or send gifts to the creator. Gifts are virtual goodies that can be purchased in-app with Clapper Coins and sent to a creator during a Livestream. Each gift has a “diamond” or value, which can be traded in by the creator for money. You can send these at any point during a Livestream or elect not to give any at all! We leave that up to you, but it’s a great way to show your appreciation.
Creators can also set up a Livestream wishlist. This is a set of gifts they’d like to receive as they go Live and is completely customizable. Usually, creators will select three different gifts, and you can check the wishlist at any point during the Live. If you aren’t sure what gift to give, these can really help narrow it down! And if you’re hoping to get a few gifts while you stream, you can direct people to this list.
Being a generous gift giver has its perks, too. With Clapper Levels, you can climb the ranks and increase your Level by sending gifts during Livestreams. Each Level has exclusive benefits and gives you access to limited-edition gifts. You can find your Level meter in your gift section. This will show you what Level you’re currently on, and how many more gifts you have to give in order to move to the next. Here, gifts are broken down into their Clapper Coin value to make it easier for you to track.
DnD (or Do Not Disturb) can make your Livestream private, or “locked”. This means that no one else can join your Livestream, and only those already in it are able to view it. You can make your Live private at any time by clicking the “Do Not Disturb” button in the top right corner of the Live, just below your view count. Once you turn on DnD, you can’t turn it off. If you want the Live to be public again, you’ll have to end your current one and begin a new one.
Notify Your Followers🚨
This banner and button send a quick notification to your followers that you’re Live. It draws more people in, and more viewers will boost your Livestream up the Explore page.
Now that you have the basics under your belt, you’re ready to go! Whether you jump on Live and put your knowledge to use, or read up on some Livestream Ideas and learn how to be a better Livestream Host, you’ve got everything you need!
8 thoughts on “Clapper Livestreams 101”
Will you guys be adding filters and games to interact with the people in our lives
Can i have access to the live ‘stream id’? Like to use OBS sofrtware streaming editor. If its compatible?
Any chance Clapper will allow Pc streams and release stream keys so that we can use our steamlabs / obs layouts? Thanks