Clapper offers a variety of ways for our creators to earn money. Through Livestreams, Radios, DM Tipping, and Support Tiers, our creators can find the monetization option that works best for them. Since we make this aspect so easy, we wanted to ensure with withdrawal process was as seamless as possible. That’s why we use PayPal, one of the most popular and trusted payment systems, as a withdrawal option for our creators. In this article, we’ll walk you through the deceptively simple process of withdrawing from Clapper to your PayPal account.
PayPal vs ACH ⚔️
PayPal is an international money transfer application (essentially a digital bank). You can send or receive money from friends, pay for services, send invoices, and pay for online orders through PayPal. This option is available for all our users and is the only option currently available for our international users.
ACH stands for Automated Clearing House, and is essentially a transfer directly to your bank. This option is currently only available for US creators.
We’re always looking for additional payment options for our US and International creators. The Clapper team wants to make sure we’re choosing reputable, easy to use platforms to work with, and we’re constantly researching to find new options. Once we find the next best thing, we’ll be sure to let you know!
How to Transfer to PayPal 🔗
- Open the Clapper app and go to your profile.
- Tap the “Income” section of your profile, which will be right below your Groupchat on the far right.
- You’ll be taken to an Income page, which will display your current balance, pending withdraws, and how much you’ve earned overall. The number you care most about is “Balance”, the biggest number on the screen.
- Tap “Withdraw”. From there you’ll be taken to a banking information page. Here you can choose from ACH/bank transfer (only available for US creators right now), or PayPal (for US and international creators). Select PayPal.
- Now enter how much you want to withdraw from your balance. You can withdraw the entire amount or a fraction of it!
- Below that, you’ll enter either the email or number corresponding to your PayPal account. You’ll need to have a PayPal account set up in order to withdraw this way. (We’ll walk you through that below!)
- Once it’s all done, hit “Submit” at the bottom of the page and you’ll be good to go.
For a visual walkthrough of this process, check out this tutorial from @ClapperAcademy.
How to Set Up a Paypal 💸
- Go to the PayPal homepage and click “Sign Up” in the top right corner.
- Next you’ll be prompted to select the kind of account you want to open: Individual or Business. PayPal does a great job of telling you what qualifies for each kind of account, but we’ll touch on that in a second, too! Select the option that fits your needs best, and click “Next”.
- Choose your country/region from the drop down list.
- Enter your account details. This will be the best email and phone number to reach you at, as well as your legal name and address.
- Link to a credit card or bank account. You’ll need to do this in order to send money from your PayPal to your bank, but you can also let the money sit in your PayPal account if you’d prefer. We suggest not doing that and moving the money to your bank account.
- You’ll be asked to verify both your email and phone number, just for security purposes, and then you’re done!
Other Helpful Information 🤓
The minimum about for a withdrawal is $100, and there’s a payout fee of $0.25 per withdrawal. It can take 2 – 7 business days for your withdrawal to hit your account. If you run into any issues or if you don’t see your funds in your account after 7 business days, reach out to @ClapperCreator or @ClapperAcademy.
When you set up your PayPal account, you’ll likely be an Individual. If you are creating an account to send or receive money as a small business or a shop, you’ll sign up for a business account. But most content creators are Individuals, as they don’t 100% meet the requirements for a Business account. Be sure to do your research and make sure you’re selecting the right kind of account for your needs!
To learn more about monetizing on Clapper, check out Monetization 101.