There might be instances where the content which doesn’t adhere to our Community Guidelines is seen on our platform. On such occasions, we appeal to our users to report such content instantly to us.
1. How to Report a Video/User/Comment?
To report a violation for a user, a video and a comment:
- Visit the relevant user’s profile page and click the horizontal dots in the top right, and select “Report”
- Select a reason
- Provide Description(option but important) as much detail as possible and attach screenshot as evident.
2. When and why should you report something?
1. Pretending to be a celebrity
2. Pretending to be you
3. Fake profile
4. Inappropriate profile info
5. Intellectual Property Violation
6. Pornography or Nudity
7. Extreme Violence or Gore
8. Under Age
9. Hate Speech or Symbol
10. Child-related Crime
11. Fraud or Spam Advertising
12. Misleading information
13. Conspiracy Theory
14. Harassment or bullying
Here’s what you should know about reporting another user for a Rule violation:
- If you submit a report, we will not share your identity with the person you are reported.
- Please submit report with attached evidences (screenshot, picture) or we can’t enforce it without them.
- All reports that are submitted will be reviewed and investigated. The need for and type of corrective or disciplinary action needed will be determined on a case by case basis.
- We seek to be fair, consistent, and responsive in addressing all reported incidents.
- If the violation directly targeted you, we will share certain information about the process and resolution with you (e.g., the stage of investigation, any concerns that you may be at risk for immediate harm, information on how the resolution could impact you).
- Intentional, false reports of violations are treated as a violation of the Rules.
If another user has reported you for violating a Rule, here’s what you should know:
- If a report has been filed against you, we will review and investigate your case. We may keep some details private in order to protect the reporting user(s).
- After reviewing your case, if you are violated the community guidelines, you will receive notifications in App, if you are not violated, you won’t receive any notifications.
- We will notify you of the result of the investigation and its potential impact to you.
- If you believe a report has been falsely filed against you or you would like to appeal a decision, please click “Appeal” and submit as much context(words, video, picture)as possible. If your case was appealing successful, your account will be restored. If not, you can resubmit second appeal, which would be the final review of your account.
- Any attempt to retaliate against users who participate in reporting or investigation is a violation.
3. Once you pick your Report Reason you are able to provide more details in your own words and even provide up to 4 pictures to back your reasoning (if there is immediate danger please do contact your local law enforcement right away)
4. After you fill out your report you click submit
5. We have real people reviewing every single report. Just because someone reports an account doesn’t mean immediate action will take place. Our team will review the report and make the best decision.
6. As adults we expect people to be conscious of other people’s views and ideas. So please do not report accounts just because you disagree with them.
Our goal is to make the reporting system as transparent as we can. Every video reported will be audited by system first and then a human. We have our internal audit team of 50+ auditors. The system will inform the creator of a violation if seen. If you have broken the rules, the system will let you know exactly what guideline you are broke in so you can learn and adjust for next time. Please understand that our ultimate goal is not to punish people but to educate people and maintain the positive and healthy community.
2 thoughts on “How to report a content on Clapper?”
Comments are closed.